Youth Ministry for 6th & 7th Graders meets
every Wednesday from 6:30pm-7:45pm in the Education Center
starting August 30, 2017
Edge is divided into three semesters: fall, spring, and summer. Edge resources are published in a 6-semester format: Scripture, Creed, Church, Sacraments, Prayer, and Social Justice. During the three years that a middle school youth attends Edge Nights he/she will gain a great foundation of the faith.
In addition to the catechetical Edge Nights, we also offer Social Nights and Issue Nights. Social nights are times of fun and fellowship and getting to know other youth members better through games, special events etc. Issue nights are based on issues that affect middle school youth. These nights give youth a safe place to learn and explore what the Church teaches about topics such as: popularity, gossip, divorce, peer pressure, apathy, stress, temptation, abortion, chastity, euthanasia, poverty, materialism, self-image, drugs and alcohol, virtues, and modern and relevant topics that deal with technology and social networking web sites.
Why Youth Love Edge
- It’s a fun, safe place to spend time with their friends.
- They get answers to their unanswered questions about their Catholic faith.
- They experience Jesus Christ in a profound, personal way.
- They feel like they are important to everyone else in the parish.
Why Parents Love Edge
- Edge gives middle schoolers a chance to build strong Catholic friendships before they enter high school.
- Their children are given Catholic role models on the Core Team who reinforce what is already being taught within the home. Parents often join the Edge Core Team too.
- Edge understands the physical, psychological, cognitive, relational, and spiritual maturation of middle school youth.
If you are a 6th or 7th grade please join us on Wednesday nights and bring a friend! All are welcome.
Thanks in advance for your participation. If you have any questions, please contact Myriam Reyna, Youth Director, at (813) 752-8251, ext. 323 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org